We’re in search of a Copywriter to join our team! In this role, you’ll deliver impactful storytelling across various digital platforms. We’re looking for someone who gets excited about education and design and can write about it an accessible, human way. The ideal candidate has experience creating engaging website copy, emails, and social ads, a flair for the clever and unexpected, and a fantastic sense of humor.
You’ll be reporting directly to Ben Burns (COO) and you will work closely with the rest of the marketing, product, and website teams.
Area of Responsibility
As our Copywriter, you will be responsible for the following:
- Write engaging, witty, and meaningful copy across all digital platforms with a focus on eCommerce-driven copy.
- Collaborate with designers, content creators, and other teams to help ideate and execute creative experiences that educate, entertain, and delight.
- Work with our content, marketing, and web teams to ensure the copy is helping convert our users into customers
- Focus on multiple projects within a fast-paced, constantly-evolving startup environment.
Who We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate can come in so many shapes and sizes. But here’s the basics of what we’re going to be looking for:
- It goes without saying, so we’ll start by saying… you need to be a great writer.
- Experience! This should not be your first rodeo.
- Someone who is goal-driven, motivated, and loves to get their hands dirty. This is not a role for delegators!
- Individually effective and able to deliver with little oversight/direction
- Able to translate a big-picture idea into executable parts.
- Able to work both individually and collaboratively.
- Familiar with writing sales-oriented copy for products, advertising, and social media.
- Bonus points if you have experience in the education or design spaces.
Compensation, Situation, & Benefits
- Initially, we are looking for a contractor (freelance) for a long-term basis
- A full-time (salary & benefits) position will be open at a later date
- We’re absolutely open to remote workers, in fact, we prefer it!
- Note: This is not a design position. It’s not a YouTube personality position. But if you’re interested in those things, we will give you opportunities to learn design through our complete curriculum of design courses (and we have some incredible designers we work with), and opportunities to be on our YouTube Channel (500k subs)
How to Apply & Next Steps
- We do things a little differently here at The Futur. We’re going to hire writers to conduct a week-long, initial assignment. Yep, it’s a paid assignment. From those three candidates, we will choose the person who is the best fit to award the long-term contract.
- To kick things off, send an email to email@example.com. Please give us a brief history of your experience, why you’d want to work at The Futur and tell us a story of how you crushed a project in the past. Bonus points for creativity.
- Include any related work/samples, your monthly rate, and your availability to start.
- Please put Copywriter in the subject line
- We will select candidates for interviews by April 26, 2019